Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getaway

Take me away. Take me to a place where judgment doesn't reside in the eyes of everyone you meet. Take me to a place where death isn't a surprise. Take me to a place where lost hope can be found. Take me to a place where living is bearable. Take me to a place where love can be found everywhere. Take me to a place called home. Take me to a place where I belong.

It's hard to accept the fact that you have to find yourself... again after being to certain that this is where you belong. It's hard to accept the fact that you were happy and now you're not. Finding yourself again shouldn't be too difficult, right? After all, you found yourself before. But what if you don't know where to start?

No matter what I try to do, nothing really seems to work. It's as if that split second, that one car ride, that one conversation ends in a quick minute. I've continuously remind myself that happiness can be achieved, that if I want to be happy again, I could be. And then, followed by that reminder is the contradicting side of me. The side that seems to be gaining control and taking advantage of my vulnerability. The side that blocks the path with that yellow caution tape.

Remember when our conversations would consist more than a "Hey!" and a "How are you?" Remember when a two minute drive would seem like two hours? Remember when we didn't have to say things like "I miss you" or "Where have you been all my life?" because we would see each other every day and not once a week.. if that.? Remember when you knew everything about my life, and I would know everything about yours? Remember when we first met? Remember when our plans would actually go through? Remember when you could tell when somethings wrong with me without me saying a word? Remember our unspoken conversations? I remember whenever I saw you, the only thing I would be is happy. And now... whenever I see you.. well, let's just say.. it isn't the same feeling. I guess I'll just continue our new routine. I just miss this.

Oh college...

...what a challenge you are.



Let's say.. it's all about me now

1 comment: