Sunday, June 21, 2009

Books

Books are what keeps this life still going even if there's no one around to make things better. Books are what help me find -- me. Books develop the mind and stimulate the heart. The lesson books encompass bring the two together. My body yearns for strong individuals. My mind digs deep for intelligent beings. My heart soars in search for a compromising truth. Keeping my composer, I sit and read. I read the words of each page inhaling every syllable as if it were my last chance to comprehend. I turn the pages only to discover that each turn contains a world of its own - a new lesson. Finally, I get to the last page, look at its page number and slowly close the book. Shutting my eyes as if the world around me can no longer see that I exist, I smile. The understanding that a book brings cannot shield my heart from pumping faster and faster. The blood rushing through my veins providing nothing but an adrenaline rush.. I sit there, smiling. Just me, the book and the lesson.


This is my book. And I can't wait until I finish the last chapter and inhale that last unifying lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment