Thursday, June 25, 2009

Music

During some of the hardest years of my life from 2001 to 2007, dealing with three close and difficult deaths, family separations, break-ups, bad decisions and all-in-all trying to find myself and who I want to be, I was always able to find that getaway everyone seems to need now and then. This getaway was through music. More specifically the music of the ever-so talented and inspirational Michael Jackson. Haven't been able to see Michael at his prime, I've learned, I've caught on, I've been educated, and most importantly... I've appreciated. I have always defined Music as the combination of both meaningful lyrics and good, heartfelt beats. And being fortunate enough, I was blessed to have been exposed to such a concept through the various songs of Michael Jackson, Brian McKnight, Luther Vandross, Lauryn Hill, Lionel Richie, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, etc. However, it was through Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone" that I was able to get through any type of hardship. It is through Michael Jackson's "We Are The World" that reminds me that change begins from within. His unforgettable "ABC"'s will continue to be the default song I sing when alone. Michael brought watching Rush Hour to a whole different level. And I will forever remember the memories and good times "Rock With You" brought to my first real relationship. It is with the help of Michael Jackson that allowed me the opportunity to experience music at its finest. His legacy and music will definitely continue to educate the young and inspire all around. Rest In Peace Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment