Sunday, May 17, 2009

Past vs. Present

This woman was speeding to her parents house and on the way got pulled over. When the police office got to the window he said, "I've been waiting for you." The woman's response, "I know Officer, I got here as fast as I can."

People nowadays seemed to be so focused on being with a significant other. Lately, the need for that someone has been raising the charts. The more you focus your time looking for someone to simply hold the title of a 'boyfriend' or a 'girlfriend' and to fulfill the, excuse my lack of a better word but, 'duties', the more you lose sight of what's right in front of you. Let's all go speed limit --- so we won't have to pay the fee.


With all this talk about boyfriend and someone to have, I can't help but hide the fact that I deep down want that too. Yet, I end up finding myself resorting to the same thinking I want to get away from -- the idea that guys are all the same, wanting the same thing. I know it's bad to generalize the species but I'm sorry.. My surroundings tell me differently. I hate thinking the way that I do. She managed to resurrect the past, the old me, the strong me, the real me. I don't even think she knows it. That simple fact. That simple example of the ideal person I've always wanted to be -- she reminded me. So why am I still fighting? The curiosity level disappeared and I came to terms with reality. I'm convincing myself that they aren't all the same, that they don't all want just one thing. I gave you a chance to prove to me that you respected me. It was just a lie. I was testing myself to see how much respect I had. And I failed to meet the standard.

Can I just say, that it absolutely makes me sad how you silently agreed to to never speak to me again? What happened to the promise that no matter what we'd still be friends? Friends talk to each other. And promises are meant to be kept. It really freaking hurts to be seen as nothing. The mere thought of being a memory you never want to look back on. I guess I have to snap back to reality. People come and people go. You chose to leave so obviously I was someone worth losing. Sweet. There's no point in trying to meet you half way when you've already given up.

1 comment: