Friday, March 27, 2009

More than just a hair cut


After 6 amazing years of long hair, I decided to finally accept change. This "change" is a big deal to me. Some say that it's just a hair cut, but it means more to me than you'll ever know. My long hair was my only shield. My long hair was my lowkey defense mechanism. It protected me - every aspect of me. It was a part of me that also reminded me things were going to be okay. Auntie Gie had long hair. Auntie Connie had long hair. Full, vibrant & everything but ordinary. To me, cutting off my hair was a stepping stone. A new me, a stronger me. A girl who chose to stop being afraid of the world. A girl who now allows change into the life she lives. All of my insecurities were attached to those 10+ inches of my hair they cut off. But now, now I've decided to grow up. I've decided to live my life - this way. Having short hair opens up the opportunity to build my self esteem, to become a stronger, more independent individual, a girl who can stand up on her own two feet, make the right decisions & deal the consequences.

Not gonna lie though, it's HELLA weird having short hair. I practically have nothing to shampoo or condition anymore. No more use for a curling iron, only a straightner. And as for "doing my hair" - the only thing I know how to do with it, is put it in my pomp. -_- ahah hmph, time for experimenting I suppose? Ohhh this'll be interesting. [x Well, until next time ... Short hair, don't care.!

3 comments: