Saturday, July 25, 2009

Paulo Coelho - V.D.D.

“In a world where everyone struggles to survive whatever the cost, how could one judge those people who decide to die?”

God speaks to me through the books he puts in my hands. And I am forever grateful that This particular book has been placed in my possession. “I’m just a failed suicide.” -This simple sentence — I believed exemplified exactly how I’ve been feeling for a long time now. But as I typed out that sentence and thought about its meaning and its connection to my life, I can’t help but feel as if I wasn’t “just a failed suicide”. God blessed me with life so that I could live. In my many attempts and desires to make ends meet, I can’t help but feel as if I neither won the fight nor lost it. Although I have not finished reading this book, it manages to clarify and ease my every nerve. Not only does this book reconnect my relationship with myself, my heart and my mind, but it helps reconnect a lost line between me and God. “She hates the love she had been given because it had asked for nothing in return, which was absurd, unreal, against the laws of nature.”

1 comment:

  1. Hiii Kathleen! (: And I've known Ronylyn since I was little, she's a fam friend. Yknow her too?! Small world!

    ReplyDelete